Friday, June 22, 2012

University Assignment

So after so many years I have made it back to uni to finish off my degree. Yes, I have left it till the last moment. I started it back in 2002 and now it's 2012. There is a limit to finishing a degree and that limit is 10 years, so as you can see it's the 11th hour.

As always I have chosen the hardest thing to do. I have a keen interest in VFX shots and how they are assembled. So for this project I wanted to create some animation that fit nicely into live action footage using VFX. I've been studying techniques on how to do this for the last few years in my spare time, so we'll see how much I've learned.

The premise is composite a 3d character into a time lapse. Mountain tops make great settings for time lapse so all I needed now was a character. And Rokk Mann was born - an ambiguous figure that is formed out of rock and then after much struggle collapses back to the rock. The short film will go no longer then 30 seconds and will comprise of a time lapse from a mountain top of sunrise to sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment