Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 2 - Basic Foundations - The Principles of Animation

So this week was a little more interesting. We had to do a lot of sketching from life. We had to go out and draw people and just observe the world around us. Watch how people move and sit. So in doing this I realised (again) at how slow it is here. I live in the suburbs and if you go out in the street in the middle of the day it's like a ghost town. You won't see a soul. Sure a car drives by... but is there really a soul in there. It might have been a vampire protected from the sun with special tinted glass ( from the Day Breakers for the faint hearted).

So anyway, I left my dead streets and went into Brisbane city where there is a lot more activity. I found it easier to draw people sitting down waiting at bus stops. So a I ended up with a seated pose, bored and waiting.
In the lectures they spoke about having a clear line of action through the body, contrapposto, a clear silhouette, and one idea that reads well.
Sketches from Life. I was advised that I was spending too long on these sketches. The idea was that they were just for me and had to be 'throw away' drawings.
Pose of Stu chosen from sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment